Friday 29 April 2016

RIP Limmattal Brocki in Silbern

It's a little depressing, having to announce the demise of yet another Brocki, especially considering it's in my nearest thrifting-zone.

Missing: "Limmattal Brocki"

In keeping with the "Pets and Thrifting" theme, I was in Silbern, the ugly industrial area north of Dietikon, visiting the Qualipet there (there is also a Fressnapf - the people are always nicer at Fressnapf, and the stores are prettier inside and have better stuff. But I try to switch it up every so often. Fressnapf's also generally cheaper, FYI. Cheaper and more cheerful. And they deliver the online goods straight to your house, no matter how many bazillion tonnes of kibble you ordered. I like that a lot!).

Since I was there on Moosmattstrasse, I figured I'd swing by Limmattal Brocki, since I hadn't been in ages, and I didn't stop in on the last dog-food run. I had broken my "Go Often" portion of my mantra for successful thrifting.

No sign on the display, and no more sign in the window. :(

And I've paid for it. It's gone. And the last time I was in Silbern (maybe 2 months prior), it might have even been clearing out its stock. I really, really regret not going now!

The Dietikon area is noticeably less affluent than Zurich and surrounding communities. So you'd think that second-hand shops would be well attended. And yet since I've lived in the Limmattal, I've seen the following die (and in the case of BrockiWest, maybe just saw it recently dead):
  • Atelier 23 by the Dietikon Bahnhof, AND after it moved to Silbern
  • BrockiWest, in the middle of nowhere which took me ages to find only to discover it was gone (I still think it's dead, btw - maybe they're still amassing goods, but no retail unit that I'm aware of)
  • The Secondhand Laedeli in Unterengstringen, which lasted only mere months
and now, perhaps saddest of all,
  • Limmattal Brocki, which was really cute and had lovely displays but was in the middle of nowhere, too. It's extra sad, because I now go to Silbern 500 times more often than I ever did (Fressnapf, Qualipet). It would have been convenient.
On the bright side, from Schlieren north, there are still the following Brocki's in the Limmattal, so far as I'm aware:
Brockiland Fahrweid
Lucky Store, central Dietikon
Nassacker Brocki, Schlieren
*Brocki-Welt, Schlieren* - holy crap, is this new?! I just discovered it right now! :D Can I go tomorrow?!
*Find It second-hand clothing, Schlieren*
*s'Traeumli 29 second-hand clothing, Geroldswil*
*stores I have yet to patronize!

And then, there's the nearby Altstetten pair that's near to my heart:
Arche 
&
Remar 
Perhaps it is still better to have shopped, then lost, than never to have shopped at all. RIP Brocki Limmattal - if only you had a better location. I'm pretty sure Dietikon needed you! 

If I get out to see this wonderous "Brocki-Welt" in Schlieren tomorrow, I will definitely write about it here!

'til next time!
TiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)