Saturday 31 May 2014

Lucky Store, Dietikon Brocki


After realising too late that Atelier 23 in Dietikon had unexpectedly moved, I was a little peeved. I aimlessly wandered about Dietikon, and stumbled upon Lucky Store Brocki.



A small brocki across the street from the Migros mall (Löwenzentrum), it actually has a pretty decent selection of just about everything! I saw a gorgeous 70-80's grey polyester dress, which was, tragically, several sizes too small. I wanted to take a photo of it, but it seemed rude. I only managed to get a couple of snaps. I was the only person in there, and the owner/employee was really, really sweet to me. I guess I could have asked, but I was tired from walking from the Fahrweid Brockiland.


I think the shop was just opening or reopening when I arrived, sometime around 13:00. I made a few purchases: 3 scarves and a ring. The ring was 5.50, and each scarf was 1.50 Fr. each (so 10 Fr. in total).

Apparently I've got a thing for white polka dots on blue....

Prices were reasonable and comparable, and selection of everything was pretty good, given the size of the store.

It's a small shop, so here's a small list of pros and cons and strategies:

PROS:
  • quite an expansive selection in a deceptively large space (looks smaller from the outside)
  • friendly proprietor (helpful and amiable)
  • nearby a free toilet (Löwenzentrum)
  • comparable pricing to other brocki's
  • crowded, but a 'clean' feeling to the place (unlike Brockiland, for example!)
  • there's apparently a 25% discount on Fridays and Saturdays after 10CHF

CONS:
  • opening hours seem late in the day (and no website to confirm these)
  • it's located in Dietikon, which is a little out of my way
  • crowded and cramped interior (but large selection!)
  • no change room, though there's an out of the way corner that I was welcome to make use of

STRATEGIES:
  • I would wager that you could ask for a slight 'bulk' discount if you were making many purchases here (I'm not big on haggling, but I think if you asked politely you may be able to strike a small deal if you bought several items at once)
  • I wouldn't make a special trip out here, but if you're in Dietikon near Löwenzentrum, be sure to cross the street and have a gander
  • Proprietor very helpful - I think she'd be happy to help you find something if you asked for recommendations or a specific type of item
  • window displays have interesting items - they're easier to see from outside (do this first?)

Shop has DVDs, glassware, decorative items, men's and women's clothing and shoes, bed linens, tea services, kitchen utensils, jewelry and accessories, and some small furniture. 


Hopefully 'Lucky Store' will be lucky for you!

TiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)