Thursday 13 August 2015

Review: EMMAUS in Dübendorf

(Not the most beautiful exterior, but it's very nice inside!)

I'll just start by saying this:

Probably worth the trip!

VERY much worth your trip if you're looking for furniture!

I finally got out to Emmaus last week. It was listed as one of the better Brocki's in the greater Zürich area in that Blick article I wrote about, and so I thought I ought to review it.


Wow... what an enormous, attractive, clean Brocki! This was right up there with the Bülach brocki, at first glance (though I prefer the latter because there were more 'little' and 'cheap' things to sort through and discover - digging through stuff is where some of the enjoyment comes from, methinks!).



I didn't buy anything. No, really - I was with others, and we were on our way to an event, so it was a quick whip-around. 

The thing is, I didn't see anything to buy, which is weird on the face of it. I tried to find something, really! It was a lovely, interesting, gorgeous brocki. You could definitely redecorate your entire home here. But I'm not in the market for that, and so, practically speaking, there wasn't much there for me.

Still, I have to give praise where praise is due!

Pros:
  • Beautiful, big brocki - clean, interesting, nicely laid-out
  • Three floors to explore (2 are just furniture, though)
  • Very friendly, welcoming staff (young, attractive and sweet; old, jovial and helpful - everyone was first-rate!)
  • It's a charity shop!
  • It has great parking... sadly, I didn't come by car...
  • Wonderful furniture selection
  • Great looking displays
  • Has sales - shoes were on for a special price (I think 5 Fr., but maybe it was 50% and I've forgotten; whatever it was, it was a good deal that sadly I didn't have time to take advantage of during my quick visit)
  • Website up to date - mentioned that it would not close for summer vacation (unlike a certain other brocki down the road! Grrr!)



Cons:
  • Another middle-of-nowhere location
  • Hard to find the entrance (you have to walk around the back of the building - there are signs, though)
  • Mostly furniture... nice furniture, but if you don't need any....!

Tips:
  • Come here to redecorate/refurbish your home. Did I mention they had a lot of furniture?
The basement (UG)

Not much more to say really, except that I see why it made the Blick article as one of the nicest brocki's. Definitely swing in if you're in the area, and certainly come here if you need furniture or decor of any kind - this is right near the top of the list for furnishings (the others would be the Bülach brocki, Brockiland Fahrweid, and Arche Brockenhaus, off the top of my head anyway).


'Til next time!

TiZ

(and a reminder - ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE on my posts; brocki's have a bad habit of changing location and going out of business incredibly quickly and without warning. Always give them a call or at least check out their website (hopefully reliable!) before making a dedicated trip)

Whoops. But maybe it's still a source of information to you? :)

(Did you know you can snoop through Emmaus's photos of this Brocki online? They're much clearer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)